Jinenkan Budoukun (Jinenkan Martial Arts Rules):
The following is a list of “Martial Arts Rules” created by Sensei. They are rules to
be followed for martial arts training, as well as for daily life.
- Sustain your presence of mind … Wrath and impatience cloud your vision,
and deprive you of your natural movement.
- Avoid overconfidence in yourself … You will be unable to adapt properly to
- Accept the whole universe without protest … In this way, you will not fall into
the opponent’s strategies.
- Have no stagnation in your technique … In this way, you will not be taken
advantage of by the opponent.
- Bring out the ” flavor” of the technique … At such times, you will be able to
move at your best.
Like Clouds and Water: The Natural Way of Manaka Unsui (Part 1)
Like Clouds and Water: The Natural Way of Manaka Unsui (Part 2)
Like Clouds and Water: The Natural Way of Manaka Unsui (Part 3)
by Eric Baluja (2001)
A brief interview with Sensei on the creation of Jinen Ryu By Evan London (2002)
Communication in the Jinenkan by Evan London (2007)
The Role and Responsibilities of Dojo Cho in the Jinenkan by Evan London (2007)
Uke and Tori: A critical relationship for developing your budo by Evan London